Today I added weekly, monthly and yearly graphs, as well as breaking the cron job into 3 different ones. One that runes every minute. An hourly and a monthly one.
I also learned that if you have a large dataset and you are using rrdtool to pull data from MySQL it can take a long time. This is completely understandable as rrdtool is optimized to use rrd (round robin data) files.
The last thing is that I had a few days where the temperature sensor could not reach the main server to insert data into the DB. This pointed out the need to cache the data locally then attempt to upload it, allowing for connection outages. This will be my next upgrade to the system.